This course is suited for those existing event sustainability or with management system auditing competencies, who wish to learn how to audit events and organisations for conformity to the requirements of ISO 20121.
The course details how to audit conformity against the various requirements of the standard. It references the clauses and requirements written within the standard and offers context and examples of what to look for and how to gather acceptable evidence. This includes the formal requirements of procedures, policies, processes and other protocols being in place, as well as how to evaluate the effectiveness of the implementation of the management system.
Who’s it For?
The course is suitable for:
- Auditors of management system such as 14001 and 9001 who wish to learn about ISO 20121 and to be able to contextualize the various requirements within the event industry setting.
- Event professionals with sustainability competencies who wish to undertake an internal/first party audit.
- Event professionals with sustainability competencies who wish to be engaged as a second party auditor (for example with the Sustainable Event Alliance), or who wish to be a technical specialist in with a third party audit team for a certifying body.
What’s in the Course?
The course is divided into sections with mirror the various clauses and sections of the standard. Namely:
- Organisational Context
- Scope of the Management System
- The Management System
- Principles and Values
- Awareness and Delegation
- Stakeholders & Communication
- Issues Identification
- Legal and Other Requirements
- Objectives and Targets
- Operational Planning and Control
- Supply Chain Management
- Documented Information
- Performance against SD Principles